Friday, November 14, 2014

Week three post-op and weigh-in!

Week three was pretty good. I have started sleeping on both sides comfortably, which I need because I hate sleeping on my back. It's the little things. I am still on liquid proteins, soups, pureed beans, cottage cheese, etc and I have stuck to that pretty dead on. I did try peanut butter in my protein shake and I didn't feel too well after. I'm not sure if it was the peanut butter though. I still drink one liquid protein supplement a day, which has 30 grams of protein. I'm averaging about 70 to 75 grams of protein a day and 600 to 700 calories.

Things that I have added comfortably to my diet, along with liquid protein, so far include: Hot sauce, all types of spices, melted cheese, sour cream, all my chewable vitamins, sugar free and crustless pumpkin pie, butternut squash soup, french onion soup without the bread, potato soup, black and pinto beans, and ricotta cheese.  I do not eat more than 1/2 to 1 cup of food at a time (4 to 8 ounces). I do get hungry at times because of the liquid base of my diet. I don't believe it stays with me as long. The fullest I feel is when I eat the beans (of course).

I get to move to soft food next weekend! I'm super excited and ready to try out my new stomach. I am going to be able to start foods that I can cut with the side of a fork or spoon. I'm looking forward to chicken and some fish.

During week four, I really would like to return to the gym and complete a light cardio workout. I will not be able to fully workout until my G-tube is out and I'm healed up from that. The tube comes out December 2. I have plans for my fourth 5k at the end of January so I would like to start training for that after the New Year. I would like to run some of it :) I am flying up north December 11, so I will be excited to finally fit more comfortably in an airplane seat!!  Bucket List Here I Come!!


Weigh-in results - total loss 24.1 lbs
Weight at pre-op appointment, Oct 14 - 246 lbs
Weight morning of surgery, Oct 24 - 239 lbs
One week post-op, Oct 31 - 231.8 lbs
Two weeks post-op, Nov 7 - 226.6 lbs
Three weeks post-op, November 14 - 221.9

No comments:

Post a Comment