- "Ms. Kish, will your boobs grow back?" (this has actually been asked of me twice, two years in a row)
- Going to work with a bandanna over my bald head one day and the next day with a wig...."Ms. Kish, did your hair grow back over night?"
- "Obama isn't American, he was born in Hawaii"
- "If you put airplane gas in your car, will it fly?"
- "Mrs. Mason, I can't rap, I'm Mexican!" (creating a rap for Black History Month)
- Today while taking a stroll on the trail at the Nature Reserve, a very dramatic girl shared with us that, "Birds are so lucky, they have wings" to which I tried to not burst out laughing, and she followed this revelation with, "they get to fly!" Seriously? This is a wonderful revelation for a 3 year old, but unfortunately, this child is 13.
- "Mrs. Sealey, do you have the third book in the Hunger Games series, To Kill a Mockingjay?"
- Mrs. Sealey - "There is one caveat..." Student 1 - "What is a caveat?" Student 2 - "It is rich people food, dummy."
- Student: "Heartworm is a parasite that your dog may get, it feeds of the dog's heart/blood."
Student: "Wait, what? Dogs have hearts?"
- Me: "No, guys, human's are not prey, no animals hunt us for food."
Student: "Miss Roth, do you cook human meat before you eat it?"
Me: "Well, I know I'm on a new diet, but human is not on the plan!"
- Me: "No, it's more like an allergy, you cannot catch it from someone else, why?"
Laughing Student: "Miss Roth, stop teasing, eczema are those people that wear the big furry coats in like Alaska or something."
- Me: "Okay, the first word is domain, has anyone heard this word used, and if so, in what context?"
Student: "Oh, I know Miss Roth, it's Chinese right, like noodles or something!"
- Student: "Miss Roth, what are testes?" Me: "Um, why do you want to know?" Student: "Oh, I forgot, they are the things that octopus have, right?" Me: "Well, probably the male ones!"