Tuesday, February 21, 2012

How I reached my 5% weight loss goal!


I don't want to post every time I lose weight, but reaching my 5% goal is supposed to be a big deal (says Weight Watchers)! So I thought I would take a few minutes and type down a few of my changes since January 10th that has landed me 12.8 pounds lighter!

I have stopped eating out in the mornings. I used to go to Dunkin Donuts and McDonalds 2-3 times a week before work. I still may go but it is definitely much less and when I do, I order smaller sizes. I have also stopped eating school lunch. It is so easy to become lazy at bringing a lunch but I bring a variety of Smart Ones and Lean Cuisine frozen meals. I also switched from sweet tea to unsweet with sweet and low :)  Even though my students say the pink packets kill brain cells….

My daily allotted points value is 36. Everyone's is different. My morning meal averages about 6-7 points and always consists of coffee with cream, carbs and protein. I LOVE Weight Watchers bagels. I usually eat a half one with cream cheese and turkey or chicken lunch meat. My lunch ranges between 7-9 points. I always have a snack between breakfast and lunch. It normally includes peanut butter (3 points) and a banana (0 points). My fabulous 4th period calls it "peanut butter banana time"!  The rest of my points are used up at dinner and an evening snack (usually something sweet from Weight Watchers).  I track 98% of my food!  The key to success is tracking and I strongly believe that.

I have definitely have been cooking more often. I got a plethora of great recipes from Pinterest.  Herb is always wondering what I am cooking up.  One of my favorite quick bites so far have been petite lasagnas.





We still go out to dinner.  I just plan ahead and also make changes to my ordering.  I still eat French fries.  It isn’t every time I go out to dinner but I will probably get them 1 time out of 3.  I hardly ever drink my calories.  I stick to water and unsweet tea.

Let’s talk exercise.  I joined a gym about a year ago when I finished my first surgery after being diagnosed with breast cancer.  I worked out religiously (classes, weights, and machines) and hardly ever lost a pound.  I understand that the gym moves inches, not pounds, but it was a bit disheartening when the scale barely moved.  So when it came to implementing a workout program with my Weight Watchers program I decided to take it much easier. Now I am just walking on the treadmill and doing some lighter elliptical work.  We will see how that goes.  I also take a multi-vitamin, calcium, vitamin D, and an iron pill 3 times a day.  I still need to drink more water, so that is a goal!

The most valuable piece of advice I have heard at the meetings is, “If you fall off the Weight Watchers wagon just get back up!  There is always a new meal ahead or a new day tomorrow!”

No comments:

Post a Comment