- I limit (almost nonexistent) fried food and most breads. In moderation, I do eat rice, small tortillas, potatoes, and crackers.
- I normally start my day with yogurt, cottage cheese, or sometimes a wake-up wrap from dunks ;)
- I don't miss a meal. I eat at least three a day.
- I do not eat big meals after 8 pm. However, I will snack if I am hungry. Usually, popcorn, fruit, cheese, milk, or peanut butter. I find it is so important not to eat late!
- I take liquid B12, Biotin, and a multivitamin with iron.
- Protein with each meal is a must!
- In order to get my liquids in a drink a mix of water, coffee, and sweet/unsweet tea. I haven't changed my drinking habits much, which I am sure holds up some weight loss. But I NEVER, drink sweet tea, soda, or super high sugar coffee drinks. Years ago I switched from lattes to just coffee. I usually will add a shot of sweetner, but never extra sugar. That is just my preference though. Definitely my weakness!
- I limit alcohol.
- I work out... no excuses. Never go more than three days without it. I try to fit in 4-5 days a week.
- My workouts include cardio (heart rate up for more than 15 mins), strength, and flexibility. You really need all three! I can absolutely tell a difference in my body by doing this. Even if the scale doesn't move.
My favorite stretch for hip flexibility. Hip Flexibility is what I need to work on the most! Next would be back flexibility.
Core strength is my weakest so I have started to work on that area through toning classes, Pilates, and stations in the gym. The blue ball of death is always nice. I also do back extensions with added free weight, hip flexors, and pull-ups (machines are in order). I do three sets of 10-12 in rotation.
Latest comparison picture from the Color Run May 2, 2015...
Only a few more pounds before I can cross two more things off my bucket list! Updated list coming next month!
Total weight loss - 74.5 lbs
May 11, 2015 - 171.5
April 11, 2015 - 175.6
March 17, 2015 - 178 lbs
March 2, 2015 - 184.8
February 16, 2015 - 188.4
February 1, 2015 - 191 lbs
Jan 24, 2015 - 194.9 lbs
December 31, 2014 - 199.8 lbs
December 21, 2014 - 203.8 lbs
December 11, 2014 - 210.6 lbs
Five weeks post-op, November 28, 2014 - 214 lbs
Four weeks post-op, November 21, 2014 - 216 lbs
Three weeks post-op, November 14, 2014 - 221.9 lbs
Two weeks post-op, Nov 7, 2014 - 226.6 lbs
One week post-op, Oct 31, 2014 - 231.8 lbs
Weight morning of surgery, Oct 24, 2014 - 239 lbs
Weight at pre-op appointment, Oct 14, 2014 - 246 lbs