Under Bust - 41" to 35.5"
Bust - 43" to 39"
Waist - 47.5" to 38.5"
Hips - 50" to 42"
Right Thigh - 26.5" to 22"
Left Thigh - 26" to 22"
Right Calf - 16" to 15"
Left Calf - 16" to 15"
My advice to anyone going through bariatric surgery, or any weight loss plan, is to not only watch the scale, but take your measurements!
Last week I was so blessed to be able to travel to Colombia! I started in Bogota and ended in Cartagena. During the trip, I was able to check off some bucket list items. I did wear a 2-piece bathing suit, but I am waiting to check that one off. I want to get the yellow polka dot bikini. This summer I am hoping to check that one off, as well as the friend photo shoot, scuba, and piggy back ride. :)
Bucket List Update (Updated items in BLUE, Completed in BLACK, still have to do in RED)
#1 - I can't wait to buy clothes from any store I would like. I have always been a fashionista trapped in a chunky girl's body. Which has made clothes buying limited. I can't wait to put together some fantastic outfits and I get to start with WINTER!
- I have bought underwear from Victoria's Secrets and am now in a size 16 so my hunni picked out some clothes at New York and Co.
- In early March I bought my first size 12 shorts. I then wore my first size 12 slacks. I wore a size 12 in Jean on March 20. It's nice to be a size 12.
- My size 12s are too big, moving in to a size 10
- I first realized I completed this goal while attending the 2015 Florida High School Basketball Championships in February. I sat next to a very nice older gentleman and I didn't feel like I was imposing on him. :)
- I flew comfortably to Colombia in June!
- I can do this comfortably all the time now.
- Took my first class April 7th! I am signed up for the month of April!
- I'm still pole dancing and it has increased my strength and flexibility
- My blood pressure is fantastic now, 118/75. My resting heart rate is also under 60bpm.
#7 - I look forward to being able to tie or fasten my shoes without huffing and puffing for air!
- Completed all the time :)
#10 - I can't wait to be able to buy a tennis skirt and not be afraid to wear it in public!! :)
- I have worn my tennis skirt out to play, but more importantly, I am wearing yoga pants in public. lol
#12 - Zip lining! wooohooo Most places have a weight limit and I can do some....but I want to be able to pick which zip line I would like to do!
#13 - I want a second tattoo. Preferably on my hip line (because I want to be able to hide it), I have thought about trying to cover up some of my scar from my DIEP surgery, but I will have to wait and see! I have been a huge fan of "To Thine Own Self Be True", feathers, something breast cancer related, or something in Italian.... I have picked this out!
#15 - I want to do a best friends photo shoot with my girls! Since I have always be the heaviest one, by a long shot, I never wanted to do these. I would like to hire a professional Photog and head over to Disney or some other fabulous location! Along with my family, these ladies are my rock and support system...they keep me in line :)
#16 - It's coming close to Halloween and I can't help thinking that I will not be buying a costume this year, because A, I don't really have anywhere to wear it to, and B (more importantly) they never make anything cute over a size 16. I CAN'T WAIT TO BUY A NORMAL SIZED COSTUME....
#17 - I can't wait to see the look of surprise on faces of those I do not see often after losing weight. Seeing someone after a major change, whether it is weight loss or just a drastic hair cut, is always fun!
- Pretty safe to say I get these comments all the time from people that I go a few weeks without seeing.
#18 - I would like to go horseback riding, either on the beach or through a jungle-type environment. Again, most horseback riding requirements have weight limitations and I always hit the borderline number. I don't want to have to worry about that!
#19 - This is corny, but I can't wait to wrap a regular sized bath towel around me!!!!!! It's cold when there are gaps!
#20 - I would like to sign up for my first Warrior Dash once I am in better shape. This looks like so much fun, but I don't want to get stuck or not be able to pull myself along.
#21 - Let's just say better over all hygiene. I look forward to not have as many rolls and crevasses. Plus, I will be able to reach more places to shave ;) hahaha, TMI I know. Soooooo much easier to shave now!
#22 - I want to be able to do 10 pull-ups! It's going to be a loooooong time before I do this. LOL
#23 - I have always wanted to become a certified Scuba Diver. Part of me is scared and the other part knows I need to be in better shape. This is something I will definitely do!
#24 - To weigh less than I did in High School! My senior year, I probably weighed about 170. I thought I was soooo fat at the time. geezzz..
#25 - I would like to take up yoga and increase my flexibility. I am hoping this will also enhance my sexual performance in the bedroom....and other places I will be able to fit with my new, slimmer body ;) I have start my flexibilty classes, along with my Pole Classes. I am doing yoga as well.
#26 - I want to be able to have my hunni give me a piggy back ride!!
#27 - Tango dance lessons....I am addicted to this sexual and sensual dance. I have been since I traveled to Argentina!
#28 - I can do anything without being judged by the size of my body...people will not be able to use that to pick fun of me and I will believe people when they tell me I am pretty.
- Disclaimer - Yes my husband makes me feel beautiful all the time. But you are lying to yourself if you say you don't like approval from others LOL. It's not that I didn't believe I was attractive. I guess I just never felt guys hit on me, over other girls, because they were initially attracted to me. Many guys hit on overweight women because they believe their self-esteem is low and the girl will fall over themselves for said guy. The first time I felt a guy was genuinely attracted to me, was last month. I happened to be grabbing drinks with a guy friend at a bar. As soon as my friend walked away to pay, a gentleman at the other said of the bar asked why a guy would leave such a beautiful woman all alone. I had to giggle, he had to be 5 years younger. He proceeded to ask me if I was from around there and if I would like a drink, I declined, as I was leaving. I am sure this seems trivial to most women, as most women were not 100 pounds overweight...however, it made my night!
#29 - I can buy sexy underwear and feel confident in them :)
Total weight loss - 81.8 lbs (19.2 lbs until my personal goal, 33.2 lbs until my doctors goal)
June 14, 2015 - 164.2
May 11, 2015 - 171.5
April 11, 2015 - 175.6
March 17, 2015 - 178 lbs
March 2, 2015 - 184.8
February 16, 2015 - 188.4
February 1, 2015 - 191 lbs
Jan 24, 2015 - 194.9 lbs
December 31, 2014 - 199.8 lbs
December 21, 2014 - 203.8 lbs
December 11, 2014 - 210.6 lbs
Five weeks post-op, November 28, 2014 - 214 lbs
Four weeks post-op, November 21, 2014 - 216 lbs
Three weeks post-op, November 14, 2014 - 221.9 lbs
Two weeks post-op, Nov 7, 2014 - 226.6 lbs
One week post-op, Oct 31, 2014 - 231.8 lbs
Weight morning of surgery, Oct 24, 2014 - 239 lbs
Weight at pre-op appointment, Oct 14, 2014 - 246 lbs