Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Before/After Bathing Suit Pics and Blood Work Results

Some exciting things have happened the past two weeks! I completed my fourth 5k and finished in under 45 mins. After that run, I have been trying to get close to a 12 min mile. I have run twice since then and my mile has been around 12:20 each time.


I finally found a bathing suit top that fit and covers my tummy. I am comfortable in showing my legs, but not the scars on my stomach or my DIEP scar from hip to hip. I dug up some old bathing suit pictures that are below and the new bathing suit one:

Before

 


 After



My blood work turned out fantastic. My vitamin levels are great and my cholesterol is good, my B12 was good too. I donated blood last week so they warned me my red blood count may be off and my RDW could be off due to the chemo I did for my breast cancer or my Iron level. 




One question I had for my doctor was about hair loss. I have noticed more strands of my hair coming out when I brush and wash my hair. I already take biotin, but he brought it up again. I am going to double the dose on some days. I am also going to be searching for a good shampoo. He said it will pass soon, that it is just a phase.  I also switched to a liquid B complex. Previous blood work indicated my B-12 levels were low. I am going to try this before I jump to shots.


I finally weighed in under 180 this weigh in. Tips for my weigh in, I always weigh first thing in the morning (after using the bathroom) and I do not wear clothes. I am just 4 pounds from moving my BMI to "Overweight" from "Obese" great feeling. LOL :) I have contacted Lotus Pole Fitness to sign up for my first pole dancing class on April 4th! Exercise is going great and I am getting at least four days in, either with Erica doing Insanity and T25 or going to the gym! I'm looking forward to doing some classes. I am working on checking off bucket list items!! 

I am going to stick with my goal of 175 by April 1st. I think I am in good shape to meet that goal. One thing I noticed about my chart to the doctor's office, was that it said my goal weight is 131. I don't remember setting that goal...I think they plugged in some numbers and came up with that :/ I don't think I want to be that thin, so as of right now I am aiming for 145. 

Be Healthy and have a great rest of your week!



Total weight loss - 68 lbs
March 17, 2015 - 178 lbs
March 2, 2015 - 184.8
February 16, 2015 - 188.4
February 1, 2015 - 191 lbs
Jan 24, 2015 - 194.9 lbs
December 31, 2014 - 199.8 lbs
December 21, 2014 - 203.8 lbs
December 11, 2014 - 210.6 lbs
Five weeks post-op, November 28, 2014 - 214 lbs
Four weeks post-op, November 21, 2014 - 216 lbs
Three weeks post-op, November 14, 2014 - 221.9 lbs
Two weeks post-op, Nov 7, 2014 - 226.6 lbs
One week post-op, Oct 31, 2014 - 231.8 lbs
Weight morning of surgery, Oct 24, 2014 - 239 lbs
Weight at pre-op appointment, Oct 14, 2014 - 246 lbs

1 comment:

  1. I also suffer from vitamin B-12 deficiency. An alternative to the liquid (and less costly) B-12 sublingual which my doctor advised. They dissolve under the tongue and enter the blood stream quickly. (taste good too!)

    ReplyDelete