Sunday, January 25, 2015

Three months post-op and working through plateaus

I am officially three months post-op today and 50 lbs down.


I am feeling pretty good and I have more energy than I did before the surgery. Everyone (well most everyone) has noticed the weight loss. I have continued to stay away from carbs and fried food for the most part and I still stay between 600-800 calories a day. I hit a plateau again the first week in January. I stuck around 199 lbs until mid Jan when I finally went down to 196 lbs. I find that I hit plateaus when I am not eating enough, drinking enough, or snacking at night because I didn't get enough calories that day.

Though I work out three days a week (mostly), I need to do a better job of spreading them out. I seem to do most of my workouts Thursday-Sunday. I have been successful with adding in weight training, but I have to develop it more. I really would like to hire a trainer again to show me how to properly weight train. I am super excited to have bought a Groupon for Pole Dancing lessons, but I would like to get down to 175 lbs and build my strength before I actually sign up for them. I have until late-March! That's my goal.

I am off the protein shakes, so I struggle to fit in enough protein throughout the day. I include a lot of low-fat string cheese and low-fat milk. I will most likely add in more yogurt and sliced deli meats for lunch. I haven't been packing my lunch for school :/ so that will be a goal! I bought some bento-like Tupperware and will be using it, trying to get in fruits and veggies more.

Clothes shopping has taken place a few times! I am between a size 14 and 16 at the moment (depending on the store and cut). I can easily buy clothes from most shopping outlets, which is exciting! I have also painted my own toe nails for the first time since 2001!

Goals by Feb 28:
Weigh 180 lbs
Pack my lunch 3 times a week
Drink more fluids

Total weight loss - 51.1 lbs
Jan 24, 2015 - 194.9 lbs
December 31, 2014 - 199.8 lbs
December 21, 2014 - 203.8 lbs
December 11, 2014 - 210.6 lbs
Five weeks post-op, November 28, 2014 - 214 lbs
Four weeks post-op, November 21, 2014 - 216 lbs
Three weeks post-op, November 14, 2014 - 221.9 lbs
Two weeks post-op, Nov 7, 2014 - 226.6 lbs
One week post-op, Oct 31, 2014 - 231.8 lbs
Weight morning of surgery, Oct 24, 2014 - 239 lbs
Weight at pre-op appointment, Oct 14, 2014 - 246 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment