Sunday, December 21, 2014

Beauty Products After Surgery

So I am almost two months post-op and doing great.  I'm able to eat just about anything, but I choose to stay away from fried food and complex carbs (bread, pasta, rice). My new stomach can handle them, but my new lifestyle knows I shouldn't have them. Weight loss started to slow down with sodium intake, water retention, and increase of exercise. I have read that it will pick back up once my body adjusts to the new diet of eating normal food again. I'm still happy with 1.5 to 2 lbs a week, but this past week I picked back up.

I thought I would post about some of the products I use for scars and to help with skin elasticity. I saw a dermatologist about scarring from my breast cancer and they recommended Oil of Olay Total Effects 7 for a body wash.  I have been pretty happy with it so I also the face moisturizer.  It smooths skin and I can tell a big difference.




 I have five scars from my bypass surgery, so I am hoping they will diminish with constant use of recommended products. I use Bio oil and Mederma directly on my scars. I normally use one in the morning and one in the evening.  The scars are not too bad, but I'm so tired of scars!



The last product I use on my arms and thighs. Those are the areas of my body I fear my skin will sag. A friend of mine recommended Nieva's Q10 Gel Cream.  I haven't used this long enough to talk about it's effectiveness. 

Fitness - I have been in the gym doing cardio, weight training, and working on my flexibility. I am looking forward to becoming even more active over the holiday break and leading in to the Spring tennis season!

Total weight loss - 42.2 lbs
December 21, 2014 - 203.8
December 11, 2014 - 210.6 lbs
Five weeks post-op, November 28, 2014 - 214 lbs
Four weeks post-op, November 21, 2014 - 216 lbs
Three weeks post-op, November 14, 2014 - 221.9 lbs
Two weeks post-op, Nov 7, 2014 - 226.6 lbs
One week post-op, Oct 31, 2014 - 231.8 lbs
Weight morning of surgery, Oct 24, 2014 - 239 lbs
Weight at pre-op appointment, Oct 14, 2014 - 246 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment