Saturday, March 10, 2012

Things that make my heart smile :)

Years ago, when I lived in Atlanta, Georgia, I wrote a list on Myspace (there's a word I haven't said in a long time) and the list was of things that made me smile.  I'm not talking about a flicker of a smile.  I mean those smiles that make you grin for 5 minutes straight because you are at a place where happiness (or some type of feeling) consumes you.  I'm also not talking about exceptionally rare moments in life, like a your wedding or a birth of a child.  I am talking about every day moments that can happen anytime, anywhere.  They could be things I did everyday, and my heart was just as happy each time.

My List -

  • Waking up in the morning to Fritz staring up at me when I look over the side of the bed....he's just so cute!
  • Every time I would leave work in Stone Mountain, GA I would have to drive around a curve and to my left the field was full of wild flowers.  I would roll the window down and let the fresh air blow through the car.  I would turn up the radio and imagine I was running through the wild flowers. 
  • I love book stores....just seeing all the books waiting for me to rummage through them makes me so giddy!  I am excited to spend and hour plus in any book store looking for good reads and even better bargains.
  • When the sun is about 2 hours before setting, I love to be on the highway driving with my windows down and my radio up.  It isn't too bright and the weather is just right in the spring.
  • I absolutely loved living in the city.  I loved the fast pace and the convenience of getting what I wanted, when I wanted it.  But what really made me smile was walking down the streets, surrounded by tons of people, with buildings on each side of me.  Whether it was window shopping, or the feel of the city excitement, my heart just smiled every time I stepped out of my building and got to walking!
  • I love when I am halfway asleep and Herb snuggles up to me right before my alarm goes off in the morning.  Anything else that wakes me up before my alarm would get stabbed or shot.  Just saying. LOL
  • My dad makes my heart smile.  It's not because he is the best dad ever and he loves me unconditionally, but because he's just so darn cute.  Whether it's him rolling up his jeans at the bottom, or wearing his Hawaiian shirts, I just love him.  He's a fabulous dancer and a great breakfast maker :) 
  • Every time one of my students has a light bulb go off, or makes an argument using factual information to back them up, makes me just GLOW!
  • When I work out at the gym I usually listen to music on my phone.  Any time a song by SWV, Xscape, or some other famous 90's group comes on, I go super fast on the treadmill or cross trainer.
  • Speaking of music, any time I hear a song by Bone Thugs and Harmony, my heart smiles. 

This is just a short list of the many things.....I think I will update it as time goes by!

No comments:

Post a Comment