So 2016 has started with a bang! Things are going pretty smooth, however I have yet to fully recover my gym time from switching jobs in October 2015. I have been Having an on-again, off-again love affair with Anytime Fitness due to an ever-changing schedule. The only thing certain about my day, is that I arrive at work between 6:10 and 6:20 am. I am trying to build the capacity to wake up at 4:00 am and put my gym time in then. However, if I don't get to bed by 9:00 pm the night before, I talk myself out of the 4:00 am wake-up. I realize sleep is just as important as working out! I still have to find the balance. My new goal is to work more on weight training and toning since I don't really want to lose more weight. It will naturally happen, but I am not working out to lose weight now. I will not be hitting 30 mins of cardio full force. I am think 15-20 mins of cardio and 20-30 mins of weight training.
My diet stays pretty much the same. Some days I obviously eat things that aren't good for me (I love cookies Bread is easier for me to eat a limited amount), but I never over eat on the bad stuff. I am sure my diet could be better and include more veggies and even protein, so this is a new goal of mine. I need to up my protein and return to getting 50-60 grams a day.
I don't really think my stomach has stretched much over the 17 months. I still can only eat about a cup to a cup and a half of food at a time. What I need to focus on is not grazing. People who have had weight loss surgery, I am sure, figure out that they can gain their weight back by grazing on bad stuff throughout the day. This is where what you have learned in the first 12 months comes in to play. Even though I LOVE cookies, I realize I shouldn't have more than one and I shouldn't have them every day. I still stay away from fried food (with the occasional french fry and chicken) and I limit my bread intake. These are choices I MAKE, not because I can't eat the food, but I know I would gain weight if I grazed on bad stuff. The only "bad" thing I have not given up is my iced coffee. I continue to lose weight or maintain my weight with keeping Iced Coffee in my life....so it's not going anywhere. LOL
What my diet looks like now (normally):
- 5:45 am - Medium Iced Coffee with cream and hazelnut swirl (I never drink the entire coffee due to getting busy at work) and maybe a wake-up wrap (bacon, egg, cheese).
- 8:00-9:00 am - sometimes (if I miss breakfast) I get a snack of a banana and peanut butter, cheese, yogurt, chocolate, sesame sticks, or just peanut butter.
- 10:15-11:45 am - I will normally eat either school lunch of a salad or whatever they are serving (taco bowl, baked chicken nuggets). About once or twice a month we may order out. If skipped my snack above, then I replace my lunch with one of the above things (most likely I will combine them to have banana, peanut butter, sesame sticks).
- 1:00-4:00 pm - I may have a small snack of milk, fruit, peanut butter, cheese
- 5:00-7:00 pm - Whatever I can find for dinner or order out. Last night I had some salad from Publix, banana with peanut butter, about a 1/4 cup of tuna helper that I made for my husband, and Gummy bears and baked lentils for a snack. The night before I worked until 10pm so I had a half of Nachos Bellgrande from Taco Bell. When I work late, I tend to eat from restaurants. Some of my fast food favorites are: Nachos, salad and/or soup from Publix/Chili's, Chicken Rice bowl from Chili's, wake-up wrap from Dunks, grilled nuggets from Chick-fil-a (love these), Grilled chicken snack wrap or sausage burrito (without most of the tortilla) from McDonald's,
- 7:00-9:00 pm - depending on when I go to bed (normally by 9) I may eat a snack of cheese, peanut butter, or my favorite, Baked Lentils/peas. I have also loved mixing dried cranberries and almonds!
My priority right now is figuring out a gym schedule since some of my work days are 6:00 am-10:00 pm. Even when I work a normal day, 6 am to 4 or 5 pm, I don't want to work out. I need to get over that and get my butt in the gym. I would like to think I could do the 4:15 am work out, but yeahhhh...
My next doctor appointment is March 22. This is my 18 month check up. They say the weight you are at when you hit 18 months, is generally where you will stay. My ultimate goal is 146 lbs (even though my doctor wants me around 131 lbs). Right now I am staying between 149-151 lbs. I guess we will see what I hit on March 22. :)
Bucket List Update (Updated items in BLUE, Completed in BLACK, still have to do in RED)
#1 - I can't wait to buy clothes from any store I would like. I have always been a fashionista trapped in a chunky girl's body. Which has made clothes buying limited. I can't wait to put together some fantastic outfits and I get to start with WINTER!
- I have bought underwear from Victoria's Secrets and am now in a size 16 so my hunni picked out some clothes at New York and Co.
- In early March I bought my first size 12 shorts. I then wore my first size 12 slacks. I wore a size 12 in Jean on March 20. It's nice to be a size 12.
- My size 12s are too big, moving in to a size 10
- I am in a size 8 in most clothing brands
- I first realized I completed this goal while attending the 2015 Florida High School Basketball Championships in February. I sat next to a very nice older gentleman and I didn't feel like I was imposing on him. :)
- I flew comfortably to Colombia in June!
- I can do this comfortably all the time now.
- Took my first class April 7th! I am signed up for the month of April!
- My blood pressure is fantastic now, 118/75. My resting heart rate is also under 60bpm.
#7 - I look forward to being able to tie or fasten my shoes without huffing and puffing for air!
- Completed all the time :)
#10 - I can't wait to be able to buy a tennis skirt and not be afraid to wear it in public!! :)
- I have worn my tennis skirt out to play, but more importantly, I am wearing yoga pants in public. lol
#12 - Zip lining! wooohooo Most places have a weight limit and I can do some....but I want to be able to pick which zip line I would like to do!
#15 - I want to do a best friends photo shoot with my girls! Since I have always be the heaviest one, by a long shot, I never wanted to do these. I would like to hire a professional Photog and head over to Disney or some other fabulous location! Along with my family, these ladies are my rock and support system...they keep me in line :)
#16 - It's coming close to Halloween and I can't help thinking that I will not be buying a costume this year, because A, I don't really have anywhere to wear it to, and B (more importantly) they never make anything cute over a size 16. I CAN'T WAIT TO BUY A NORMAL SIZED COSTUME....
#17 - I can't wait to see the look of surprise on faces of those I do not see often after losing weight. Seeing someone after a major change, whether it is weight loss or just a drastic hair cut, is always fun!
- Pretty safe to say I get these comments all the time from people that I go a few weeks without seeing.
#18 - I would like to go horseback riding, either on the beach or through a jungle-type environment. Again, most horseback riding requirements have weight limitations and I always hit the borderline number. I don't want to have to worry about that!
#19 - This is corny, but I can't wait to wrap a regular sized bath towel around me!!!!!! It's cold when there are gaps!
#20 - I would like to sign up for my first Warrior Dash once I am in better shape. This looks like so much fun, but I don't want to get stuck or not be able to pull myself along.
#21 - Let's just say better over all hygiene. I look forward to not have as many rolls and crevasses. Plus, I will be able to reach more places to shave ;) hahaha, TMI I know. Soooooo much easier to shave now!
#22 - I want to be able to do 10 pull-ups! It's going to be a loooooong time before I do this. LOL
#23 - I have always wanted to become a certified Scuba Diver. Part of me is scared and the other part knows I need to be in better shape. This is something I will definitely do!
#24 - To weigh less than I did in High School! My senior year, I probably weighed about 170. I thought I was soooo fat at the time. geezzz..
#25 - I would like to take up yoga and increase my flexibility. I am hoping this will also enhance my sexual performance in the bedroom....and other places I will be able to fit with my new, slimmer body ;) I have start my flexibilty classes, along with my Pole Classes. I am doing yoga as well.
#26 - I want to be able to have my hunni give me a piggy back ride!!
#27 - Tango dance lessons....I am addicted to this sexual and sensual dance. I have been since I traveled to Argentina!
#28 - I can do anything without being judged by the size of my body...people will not be able to use that to pick fun of me and I will believe people when they tell me I am pretty.
- What cracks me up now is the number of white men that look at me when I enter a room.
#29 - I can buy sexy underwear and feel confident in them :)